Monday, April 18, 2011

"Life" - A Poem From The Heart


“I think, what has this day brought me, and what have I given it?” – Henry Moore


Life


Last night I had a dream
That I flew real high.
I flew up to the sky,
And saw far and wide.

I dared to dream some more
As I continued to fly far
I noticed when I stopped
I was sitting amongst the stars.

When I looked below
I noticed an intriguing thing.
My life unfold in front of me
This is an amazing dream.

I shared wonderful laughter
I felt sadness and pain.
I loved with all my heart
And felt others love me the same.

I have learned so much
In the years that I live
That each and every person I meet
Have so much to give.

My life is filled with memories
My life is a gift to share
For all the people in my life
I truly love you and I care

I am blessed to have been through so much
To experience the life I lead
For I have learned something valuable
For all I gave... I did receive.

What I do each day of my life
An all the lives I touch
Is what this life is all about
You can never give too much.

As I grow old and look back on my life
I can say I am truly blessed
For I lived, I laughed, I learned and cried
And I gave it all my best.

As I sit here as one amongst the stars
I realize an important thing
That the purpose of living is to share and dream
And live as one with each living thing.

Open your hearts to all you can
Live life as it is meant for you
Laugh, cry, forgive, feel joy
And love all for it sees you through.

Claire McGee M.Msc

No comments:

Post a Comment